Evermind application end-user license agreement
1. WHO WE ARE AND WHAT THIS AGREEMENT DOES
We are Telefónica Innovación Alpha, SL of Plaça d'Ernest Lluch i Martin, 5, Barcelona, 08019, Spain. We license you to use: the Evermind mobile application software (the “App”) and any updates or supplements to it, as permitted in these terms.
The Perceived Stress Scale is used in the App with the permission of the American Sociological Association, from Cohen, S., Kamarck, T., & Mermelstein, R. (1983). A global measure of perceived stress. Journal of Health and Social Behavior, 24, 385-396.
2. UNDERSTANDING THE APP
The App is intended to help you manage your stress by allowing you to have a better idea of how stressed you think you are and providing you access to content that may be of interest to you.
The App has not been developed to meet your individual requirements. Where we refer to a personalised plan, this means that we have used your user preferences (and other users’ preferences) for the App to identify and present the information which may be most relevant to you, but no information is returned based on personalized health advice for you. All information provided to you is for general guidance only and we do not make any representation about or accept any responsibility for its accuracy, suitability, completeness or reliability. Please check that the facilities and functions of the App (as described on the Apple App Store or Google Play Store) meet your requirements. No statements made about this App have been evaluated by any national competent authority.
For the avoidance of doubt, the Perceived Stress Scale and resulting score generated in the App is indicative of how stressed you perceive yourself to be. It is not a diagnosis of how stressed you may be and should not be relied on as such.
The digital journal functionality in the App is not monitored or viewed by us or any third party and you accept that we are not liable in any way for its content or any acts or omissions in respect of such content.
3. YOUR HEALTH AND THE APP
The App is not a medical device. The App and any information and/or services provided by the App are not intended to be used in the detection, diagnosis, prevention, monitoring, prediction, prognosis, therapy, treatment or alleviation of any condition, disease or vital physiological processes or for the transmission of time sensitive health information. We make no promise that the App will provide any benefit to your mental wellbeing. You should consult your doctor before making any decisions or doing (or not doing) anything related to a healthcare problem or issue and your doctor’s advice must take precedence over the content of this App. Any content found in or via the App is available only for your convenience and is not a substitute for, nor should it be treated as, medical advice and it should not be relied on. You should never disregard or delay seeking medical advice because of information obtained through use of the App.
If you are concerned about your stress, or if you are pregnant, or if you have any other concerns or questions about your health or medicines, you should always consult your doctor. If you have an existing mental health condition, you should check with your doctor before using the App.
4. YOUR PRIVACY
5. OPERATING SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
This App requires a smartphone running operating system iOS 10 and above or Android 5.1 and above.
6. APPSTORE’S TERMS MAY ALSO APPLY
The ways in which you can use the App may also be controlled by the rules and policies of the application outlet (eg the Apple App Store or Google Play Store) from which you downloaded the App. In such a case, those terms may apply instead of these terms where there are differences between the two.
7. CONTACTING EACH OTHER
If you want to learn more about the App, or have any problems using it, or think it is faulty or mis-described, or otherwise wish to contact us for any other reason, please contact us by emailing email@example.com. If we have to contact you we will do so by sending a push notification via the App or by sending an email to the email address you used to register for the App.
8. HOW YOU MAY, AND MAY NOT, USE THE APP
In return for your agreeing to comply with these terms you may:
- download a copy of the App onto your smart phone and view, use and display the App on such devices for the purpose of your personal use only; and
- receive and use any supplementary software code or updates of the App incorporating “patches” and corrections of errors as we may provide to you.
In connection with your use of the App, you must not:
- use the App for any purposes other than your own personal use;
- use the App in any unlawful manner, for any unlawful purpose, or in any manner inconsistent with these terms, or act fraudulently or maliciously, for example, by hacking into or inserting malicious code, such as viruses, or harmful data, into the App or any operating system;
- infringe our intellectual property rights or those of any third party in relation to your use of the App, including by the submission of any material (to the extent that such use is not licensed by these terms);
- remove, alter, or obscure any copyright, trade mark or other proprietary notice appearing in the App or related materials;
- transmit any material that is defamatory, offensive or otherwise objectionable in relation to your use of the App;
- use the App in a way that could damage, disable, overburden, impair or compromise our systems or security or interfere with other users;
- collect or harvest any information or data from the App or our systems or attempt to decipher any transmissions to or from the servers running any service;
- download the App onto any phone or other device not owned by you, without the owner’s permission to do so. In such a case, you will be responsible for complying with these terms, whether or not you own the phone or other device;
- rent, lease, sub-license, loan, provide, or otherwise make available, the App in any form, in whole or in part to any person without prior written consent from us;
- copy the App, except as part of the normal use of the App or where it is necessary for the purpose of back-up or operational security;
- translate, merge, adapt, vary, alter or modify, the whole or any part of the App, nor permit the App or any part of it to be combined with, or become incorporated in, any other programmes, except as necessary to use the App on devices as permitted in these terms; or
- disassemble, de-compile, reverse engineer or create derivative works based on the whole or any part of the App fail to comply with all applicable technology control or export laws and regulations that apply to the technology used or supported by the App.
The App is provided on an “as-is” basis, without warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including without limitation, implied warranties of fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement.
10. CHANGES TO THESE TERMS
We may need to change these terms to reflect changes in law or best practice or to deal with additional features which we introduce. We will let you know about any change by sending you a push notification via the app with details of the change, or by sending an email to the email address you used to register for the App. If you do not accept the notified changes you should not continue to use the App.
11. UPDATES TO THE APP
From time to time we may automatically update the App to improve performance, enhance functionality, reflect changes to the operating system or address security issues. Alternatively we may ask you to update the App for these reasons. If you choose not to install such updates or if you opt out of automatic updates you may not be able to continue using the App.
12. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR OTHER WEBSITES YOU LINK TO
If the App contains links to other independent websites which are not provided by us, you acknowledge such websites are outside of our control and we are not responsible for and have not checked and approved their content or their privacy policies (if any).
13. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
All intellectual property rights (a) in the App; (b) in its content; and/or (c) developed through research and development related to your use of the App, throughout the world, belongs or shall belong to us (or our licensors) and the rights in the App are licensed (not sold) to you. You have no intellectual property rights in, or to, the App, or its content, other than the right to use them in accordance with these terms.
Any Contribution you submit on the App remains your property, but we will use your Contribution for the purposes described below. ‘Contribution(s)’ means anything that you post on or upload to the App or send to us, including any photographs, text, video or audio clips, comments, or posts.
When you upload or provide Contributions, you grant to us a perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide, non-exclusive right to use those Contributions, including the right to sub-licence these rights to our suppliers, for the following purposes:
- to display and store the Contributions within the App; and
- to enhance the functionality and/or improve performance of the App.
You waive all ‘moral rights’ in the materials (‘moral rights’ are described in the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988) to allow the above uses.
You agree to indemnify and hold us and our officers, directors, employees and licensors harmless from any claim or demand (including but not limited to reasonable legal fees) made by a third party due to or arising out of or related to your violation of the terms and conditions of this Agreement or any applicable laws, regulations or third party rights.
15. OUR RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE SUFFERED BY YOU
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable laws, we disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on any materials in the App by you or any user of the App or its contents.
Therefore, to the fullest extent applicable permitted by applicable laws, we, our affiliates, officers, directors, employees, licensors or any third parties exclude liability for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages (including but not limited to any loss of data, service interruption, computer failure or pecuniary loss, loss of income or revenue, loss of business, loss of profits or contracts, loss of anticipated savings, loss of goodwill and for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable) arising out of the use of or inability to use the App, even if you have advised us about the possibility of such loss. If any part of this limitation of liability is found to be invalid or unenforceable for any reason, then our aggregate liability (including any of our affiliates, officers, directors, employees, licensors or any third parties) under such circumstance for liabilities that otherwise would have been limited, shall (to the extent permissible by law) not exceed the amount of £1000.
We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so, such as in respect of death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
16. WE MAY END YOUR RIGHT TO USE THE APP AT ANY TIME
We may end your access to the App at any time and without notifying you.
This agreement does not give rise to any rights under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of this agreement.
Each of the paragraphs of these terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
Even if we delay in enforcing this contract, we can still enforce it later. If we do not insist immediately that you do anything you are required to do under these terms, or if we delay in taking steps against you in respect of your breaking this contract, that will not mean that you do not have to do those things and it will not prevent us taking steps against you at a later date.
These terms are governed by English law and you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the App in the English courts.